• CN
  • AE
  • RU
  • IR
  • IN
  • FR
  • ES

Relocation guide

Whatever your actual reason for studying at a foreign university, you need to prepare for educational immigration. This is not only about learning the language and collecting documents, but also about arming yourself with information about deadlines, upcoming costs, and most importantly, how to stay in the country after receiving your degree.

For most potential immigrants, countries like Greece, Austria and Italy are the best choices. You can study at universities in these countries without language certificates, learn the language after admission, and everything is easier with the issuance of student visas.

These countries invite foreign students from all over the world to study. No special documents are required, the most important is a certificate of secondary education if you want to enrol in undergraduate studies. But what about all other countries?

How to stay in the country?

While you are studying, you do not need to worry: A temporary residence permit is guaranteed! But after receiving your diploma, you will need to change it. There are several ways to do this.

Sign a contract.

Of course, the most logical thing to do during your studies is to find an employer who will offer you an employment contract. In some countries, graduates have the option to stay legally in the country for one year from the date of graduation to find a job in their field (Australia, Netherlands, Canada, USA, UK, Germany, Ireland, New Zealand).

Become a private entrepreneur.

After registering as a sole proprietor, you will immediately receive a residence permit. However, a sole proprietor must have at least some income.

Enrollment in graduate school (doctoral studies).
In many countries, a doctoral student is not considered a student, but an employee of the university who draws a salary. With a doctorate, the chances of finding a good job and staying in the country increase many times over.

Legalise the relationship with a citizen of the country.

In many countries (especially in Europe) it is not necessary to get officially married. You can sign a contract and get a residence permit.

Obviously, you need to study the legal framework of the country you are targeting. It would be nice to start learning the language and get to know the culture, study the peculiarities of a particular city and get to know the people. In this article we have given you a foundation, your task is to study the details. Good luck!


Ready to apply to the university? Register on the website and contact representatives of the admissions committee
We use technologies such as cookies to personalize content and ads, provide social media features, and analyze site traffic. In addition, we provide information about your use of our site to trusted partners in advertising and analytics.

Our partners may combine this information with other information that you have provided to them or that they have collected from your use of their services.

A cookie is a small piece of text sent to your browser from a website you visit. It helps the website to remember information about you, such as your preferred language and other settings. Cookies make your website browsing experience much more convenient. For more information about cookies, please visit: Privacy Policy and cookie